How to Remove and Replace Standard Appliance Bulbs (Certain Models):
These instructions generally apply for standard 40W appliance bulbs (and similar):
- Turn the oven off and unplug it. If you can’t unplug the appliance (perhaps the outlet is inconveniently placed), switch the breakers or remove fuses from the control panel.
- Locate the light bulb, which can be typically found behind a cover or shield, and often at the back of the oven cavity. Remove any bulb cover often by turning it counterclockwise. Some covers only need to be pulled out gently. Refer to your owner’s manual for instructions specific to your model.
- Usually the bulb can be removed from its socket by turning counterclockwise.
- Put the new bulb in place and if screwing it in, you can use the mnemonic: “lefty loosey, righty tighty” to remember how to turn.
- Replace the bulb cover.
- Reconnect power to the oven by undoing Step 1. Most ovens have a control that only turns on the light to check if it’s working.
How to Remove and Replace Halogen Bulbs (Certain Models): Refer to your owner's manual for instructions specific to your model
- Disconnect the oven from the electrical network or shut off its breakers or fuses.
- Pull the glass cover from the oven to remove it (if your oven has one).
- Remove the old bulb from the socket.
- Use gloves, paper towels, or a cloth to handle the new bulb while replacing it.
- Put the new bulb into the socket.
- Snap the glass cover back in place (if your oven has one).
- Reconnect the power.
- Check to see if the light works.