Cleaning the Lint Screen of Your Dryer
Your dryer is most effective when the lint screen is clean. Cleaning your lint filter after each load helps ensure your clothes dry faster. Follow these steps to clean your dryer’s lint screen after every load:
- Locate and remove the lint screen: You can often find the lint trap and screen in the door opening of your dryer or on top of your dryer. Gently pull up on the handle to remove the screen. Always check your product manual.
- Open the lint screen: Depending on your dryer, you will need to pull out your lint screen or press the tab down and open the lint screen.
- Remove lint from the screen: Using your fingers, pull the lint from one edge and roll the lint off the screen. Don’t attempt to rinse or wash the screen, as wet lint is hard to remove.
- Replace the clean screen: After removing lint from the screen, close the screen and push firmly back into the trap.
Deep Clean Your Lint Screen as Needed
How to Wash Your Lint Screen
- Prep the lint screen for scrubbing: Roll any lint off the screen with dry fingers and thoroughly wet both sides of the lint screen with hot water.
- Scrub lint screen: Wet a nylon brush with hot water and dish soap. Gently scrub both sides of the lint screen to remove residue buildup. Be careful not to damage or break the lint screen while cleaning.
- Rinse and dry lint screen: Rinse screen with hot water and thoroughly dry with a clean towel.
- Clean the lint trap: Before replacing the lint screen, use a vacuum to clean outside the lint trap in your dryer’s door opening.
- Replace the lint screen: Insert the lint screen back into the dryer trap.