How to Clean Gas Stovetop Grates and Burners
Cleaning Stove Grates and Burners With Soap
- Remove burners and grates from the stove.
- Fill a sink with hot water and add a generous amount of dish soap. Put the burners and grates in the sink and let them soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Use a scrubbing brush to remove any buildup from the grates.
- Rinse them thoroughly, then dry them completely.
Cleaning Stove Grates and Burners With Baking Soda
- Remove grates and burners.
- Mix three parts baking soda and one part water in a bowl until you get a thick paste.
- Coat the elements in the paste.
- Let them sit for 20 minutes with the paste on.
- Rinse the paste off with soapy water. Use a bristle brush (don’t use steel wool or metal) or a sponge to buff out the more challenging spots.
- You can soak them in soapy water to remove any remains.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly before reinstalling them in the stove. You might need to season cast-iron grates if you haven’t in a while.
How to Clean Stove Burners on a Glass Cooktop
- Ensure that the stovetop is completely cool before you begin cleaning.
- Using a damp cloth or paper towel wipe down the cooktop to remove residue and crumbs.
- Remove cooked-on food using a cooktop scraper.
- Apply cooktop cleaner to the cooktop following the usage instructions on the cleaner.
- Using a damp cloth, wipe up the cooktop cleaner once it has dried.
- If a stain remains, use the cooktop scraper to remove it.
- Finally, buff the cooktop using a paper towel.
How to Clean Coil-Style Electric Stove Burners
- Always clean the coils with the power off and the coils cooled down.
- Remove the coils from the plate. If you can’t, consult your user manual for specific removal or cleaning instructions. You’ll usually be able to lift them off to get access to the bowls.
- Remove the drip bowls and let them soak in soapy water for at least 20 minutes.
- Wipe the coils with a soft, damp rag, then dry them entirely.
- Rinse the drip bowls and dry. You can use a soft brush to remove harder buildup or use vinegar.
- Reassemble the stovetop.