How to Run the Monthly Washer Maintenance Cycle
How the Clean Washer Cycle Operation Works:
- The Clean Washer Cycle uses more water than a regular cycle to wash above the waterline. Remove all clothing items before using the Clean Washer Cycle.
- Be aware that increased noise due to tumbling, agitation, or spinning will occur during this cycle.
- After the wash cycle has finished, allow the washing machine’s lid or door to stay open for ventilation and proper drying of the washing machine’s interior.
Follow This affresh® Washer Cleaner Cycle Procedure for the Best Performance:
- Empty any clothing, debris, or other items from your washing machine.
- Put an affresh® Washer Cleaner tablet into the drum of the washing machine. Do not place an affresh® Washer Cleaner tablet in the detergent dispenser drawer. For information on cleaning your washer’s detergent dispenser drawer, click here.
- Close the washing machine and choose the clean washer cycle or normal cycle setting.
- Wipe the washer tub if any residue is left behind after the cycle is fully finished.
Or Try Cleaning Your Washer With Bleach:
- Open your washing machine to empty any clothing items.
- Add liquid chlorine bleach (one cup or 236 mL) to the bleach compartment. NOTE: Using more liquid chlorine bleach than recommended above may cause washer damage over time.
- Close the washing machine.
- Do not add any laundry detergent, fabric softener, or other chemicals to the washer at this time.
- Run the washer on a CLEAN WASHER cycle.
Washer Cleaning Tips
- Use high-efficiency (HE) laundry detergents for front loading and applicable HE top loading washers. Follow the recommended amount of HE laundry detergent the manufacturer has indicated. Do not use more than the recommended amount of HE laundry detergents since it can cause detergent to build up in your washer.
- Do not solely use cold water to wash your clothing items. Use warm and hot wash water settings periodically to help control the rate that soils and detergent may accumulate.
- Leave the door or lid open between uses to ventilate and dry out the washer. This practice helps prevent the buildup of odour-causing residues.